PCOD & PCOS
Increase in weight is directly linked with increase in PCOD & PCOS cases. The best solution to it is a good nutritious diet. Nutritious food helps improvise internal system thus giving a boost to the metabolism. PCOS patients should avoid high starchy and sugary food as it makes loosing weight a tough task. Including more of vegetable and fruits help in rectification process.
I am a mother. Will this disturb my schedule?
It is an alarming situation in India, where around 50% of women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome are overweight or obese. And this is why following a PCOS diet is essential.
Mrs Sumeena Rai (name changed), one of our clients, who is a mother of two, got scared when she got to know that she has Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. But after meeting our expert dieticians, she followed with PCOS diet easily which caused no disturbance in her schedule.
She was recommended to use different ingredients or styles of cooking. In most cases preparing food as per prescribed regime also saved her time in cooking and preparing dishes.
What if I rapidly lose weight? How do I manage?
- When you are consulting our specialist dieticians, regular weight tracking is part of the process. They set a regular schedule for stepping on the scale and keep a log of each weigh-in.
- Hence, if you find yourself drifting too far above or below your target weight range, you will know it’s time to make adjustments to your diet.
- However, if you notice rapid weight loss, then immediately consult your dietician.
Does age matter in this diet?
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a common problem these days for women who reach the childbearing age. It causes sudden weight gain, skin issues, hair loss or extra hair growth.
If not treated timely, it can lead to diabetes and heart disease as well. Therefore, consulting an expert dietician and following a dedicated PCOS diet to lose weight is essential to reduce most of these symptoms.
Moreover, even by mere age of 11, signs of PCOS can be seen. Thus, it is advisable for young females even from 10yrs of age to start dieting to avoid any chances that may lead to this syndrome.
How are you better than normal doctors who suggest a diet?
Cysts are developed on the ovaries in case of PCOS. This occurs in women who reach pregnancy age. This condition can also lead to an extreme imbalance in hormones and increase the chances of diabetes.
Normal doctors would only suggest medication for this syndrome, but a dietician plans even bite by bite food courses to help regulate one’s health.
The same case was with our client, Mrs Khanna (name changed), 35, who had PCOS
- She was referring a normal doctor who didn’t suggest any particular diet to her.
- On the other hand, when she consulted our dietician, she was suggested a good PCOS diet plan that gave her body the nutrients that helped in controlling the hormonal imbalance.
What if I have side effects?
It’s common to be allergic to some food items !
Hence, if you have any such allergies, then do inform your dietician in the first meeting. This will help your dietician plan a diet for you that will eliminate any chances of side effects. Also, immediately consult your dietician, in case of any adverse reaction to the prescribed diet.
What if I am on medication?
Being on medication doesn’t have any adverse effects on following a PCOS diet.
After consulting our practiced dieticians, you can follow a ‘healthy diet’ to treat the symptoms. It will regulate your menstrual cycle and help in losing weight.
- Your diet will be comprised of whole-wheat chapatis, rice, a variety fruits and vegetables, healthy legumes and lentils, lean meat like fish, fiber-rich food, brown rice poha and wheat pasta etc.
- One can have the following food items sometimes if craving exists but in right proportion only as and when included in diet by respective nutritionists- sugar, jaggery, honey and refined cereals, white rice, white rice and dairy-based products.
What is different in PCOD/ PCOS diet compared to weight gain/loss?
Weight Gain/Loss Diet v/s PCOD/PCOS Diet- is like comparing Santa-Banta Jokes with Russell Peters Jokes… very different !
- A normal Weight Gain/Loss diet just concentrates on eating certain foods that may help you in gain/lose weight within a timeframe keeping no medical issues into consideration
- But a PCOS diet is a disease specific diet which focuses on rectifying the root cause of the disease
How often do I see you? I have a difficult schedule to follow.
Bingo ! You just now asked the most common question…
There is no one who doesn't ask this question. And there is no one who leaves unsatisfied.
- Everyone has busy schedules nowadays, and we do consider our client’s busy lives.
- For this reason, we have created our engagements tactfully so that you don’t have to pay regular visits here.
What if I can’t find diet food nearby?
Are you serious ?
I can answer this question in one line- “where there's a will there's a way”
Getting diet food is as easy as buying everyday items from your nearby general store. Moreover, our nutritionists will incorporate only such food items that are easily locally available.
I am pregnant. Does that make a big difference?
Yes ! You must consult with our dietician so that you can pursue a diet that focuses on maternal and infant well-being.
- A PCOS pregnancy diet focuses on reducing all the risks and ensuring a healthy pregnancy despite PCOS. It will regulate your hormonal imbalances and weight issues.
- This diet ensures that you have the energy to stay healthy, fit and strong throughout the pregnancy and are ready to deliver a healthy baby.